Dr Denise Media Kit
Dr. Denise McDermott, M.D. is a medical doctor with board certifications in both Adult and Child Psychiatry. She completed her Adult Psychiatry residency at Emory University and her Child Psychiatry fellowship at University of California Los Angeles and was acting Chief Fellow.
She treats children, adolescents and adults and has > 40,000 hours of clinical expertise in her private practice since 2001. Dr. McDermott’s goal is to empower her patients and their families to live their best life possible.
Dr. McDermott received the “Outstanding Physician Award” at UCLA (2000). She was President of the Southern California Psychiatric Society and guest lecturer at UCLA.
Her absolute passion is bridging science, spirituality and psychology which inspired her to launch an educational mental health website DrDeniseMD.com (2016) now reaching a global audience > 100,000.
Dr. McDermott has her own podcast show “The Dr. Denise Show” and has the honor of interviewing scholars, mental health advocates, and influencers. She co-produced a video series, “Emergency Well-Being” to discuss the important bridge between psychiatry and meditation.
She is author of “Mental Heath and How to Thrive,” and reaches an international audience with her blog. She is a proud Mom of a 9 year old.
- Website: http://drdenisemd.com
- Podcast: The Dr. Denise Show – https://itun.es/us/USaydb.c
- Ebook: Mental Health and How to Thrive – http://tinyurl.com/jznl9wy
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DrDeniseMD
- Twitter: @drdenisemd – https://twitter.com/DrDeniseMD
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/drdenisemcdermott
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCct-CcymOXMORhBUqjVY5mA